If you’re reading this, chances are you are in the middle of planning your own wedding and you don’t want it to be the same as all the other weddings you’ve gone to. Sound about right? Who doesn’t want their wedding to be different, unique and the event all your guests rave about for the next year?! I am here to share some unique guest entertainment ideas that are sure to help everyone have a good time!
Unique Wedding Ideas:
- Have a food truck! This would be perfect during cocktail hour or even for dessert / late-night snacks.
- Have a private toast with just the wedding party.
- Rent a Photobooth! These are so fun to look through after your wedding.
- Hire a live wedding painter during your ceremony and/or during the reception for your guests. This is the new reception trend, and I am so here for it! I have seen so many amazingly talented painters and they are so cool!
- Have a king’s table. This table setup allows for all of your bridal party and their dates to be all together so no one is left out or feeling awkward at a table they may not know anyone at.
- Host a Facebook live. 2020 weddings really took this by storm. Now, it is the new normal we are living in. Host a Facebook live event for all the guests who were not able to attend in person.
- Have a live band! Dj’s are great, don’t get me wrong. But, a live band is sure to get people on the dancefloor. Plus, I think after COVID, we are all missing some live music in our lives.
- Gender reveal! This is a fun one. I have seen this done a few times, and it is always so exciting for everyone.
Possible ideas to leave in the past:
In addition to ways to make your wedding more unique, there are some wedding traditions that are totally okay to be left in the past. When all is said and done, it is your day! So many brides feel like they have to do certain traditions on their wedding day because that is just “what everyone does.” I am here to tell you that you do something just because it’s “tradition.” Below are few ideas of what not to do on your wedding day (disclaimer: some of these ideas are from past brides who answered an Instagram story question. So it is all personal opinion! If you are really looking forward to one of these parts in your day – that is totally fine.)
- Grand march
- alternative: introducing the couple/walking in just the two of you! This is a lot less awkward for your bridal party if they do not know each other very well.
- Bouquet/garter toss
- A photo of the couple signing the marriage license.
- alternative: This is an excellent time for your photographer to capture some candids of your guests. It all depends on what you care about more in your final gallery.
- Clinking glasses
- alternative: Coordinate with your DJ or band to play a fun Jeopardy or “Copycat kiss” game to keep it engaging and include your guests.
I am always updating this list! So, if you have any ideas you think would be great to add here, I would love to hear it in the comments below!
If you’d like to read more posts on wedding day tips just like this one, click here!