I have never done a “meet the photographer” blog post and thought this would be a perfect way to learn more about me… and see some cute photos of my two favorite boys that we just had taken!
Let’s get into it!
- This past spring (Spring 2020) I graduated from college (Winona State University) with a degree in Advertising and two minors in Public Relations and Creative Digital Media (basically a fancy title for photography ). I graduated in three years all while doing what I love every weekend – shooting weddings! so thankful to have been able to do both at the same time. It wasn’t always smooth sailing balancing both, but I did it!
- I started dabbling into photography when I was in middle school but didn’t get serious until about the end of my 10th grade year of high school. I started mainly shooting high school seniors (yes, I was a sophomore/junior photographing seniors lol) and then started dipping my toes into the wedding industry during my freshman year of college.
- In April, I brought home my 4-month-old german shepherd puppy named, Koda! I have grown up with German Shepherds so I always knew that I would get one after I finished school. With the remainder of the spring semester being all online due to COVID-19, I was able to do a little change of plans and get a dog earlier than planned 🙂
- I am the oldest of three, and I have two younger brothers named Louis and Jake. Louis is 19, and Jake is 11.
- I have dated my boyfriend, Ian, for almost 6 years, and we have been long-distance for 3! Ian goes to the University of Wisconsin Green Bay and will be finishing up within the next year. Yay for almost being done with long-distance!! 🎉
- My favorite thing to do when I’m not working is finding fun small boutiques, going on walks with Koda, and catching up on some reality TV (yes, very guilty hahaha!).
- I’ve lived in Minnesota for my entire life, and I have a love/hate relationship with the winters. Don’t we all?! But nothing can beat the summers! If I were to ever move somewhere else, it would most likely be out west.
- My go-to accessory would have to be earrings. I tend to wear a lot of black to weddings so I love adding in some fun earrings here and there.
- My enneagram type is a three and I couldn’t agree more. If you haven’t taken the test yet, you should! It is freaky accurate 🙂
- My favorite part about my job and stage of life right now is meeting so many fun couples, spending my evenings laughing in fields with clients who become friends, and being able to do what I love for a living!
How’d I do?! Comment below if there’s anything else you’d like to know about me. ☺️ Enjoy these photos of Ian, Koda, and me below!
All photos taken by the wonderful Olivia with Living Photography and edited by me 🙂